Friday, July 16, 2010

Things you know you''ll regret doing, but will still do.

Some days, I feel as if one should not have an itchy backside.

In colloquial-speak, an "itchy backside" means "an action that asks for it". "It" being whatever you didn't want to get; a feeling, some kind of retribution, or action.

And I, for one, have an itchy backside.

I mean, I know for a fact that I should not do some stuff, or say some things, but somehow, I still do it. And then, when I have to face the consequences, I wish I hadn't had an itchy backside and started it. That is when I start regretting what I did/said, and wished I had the cow sense to not do/say those things.

Why does that happen?

Hmm...curiousity mostly. Sometimes, it's sheer stupidity. I don't know which comes first. I suppose it's stupid curiosity.

For example, there are somethings I DON'T NEED to know, but I still WANT to know, just because I wonder what it is and what would happen IF I knew.

So I find out. And I know. And it does NOTHING GOOD for me. I don't feel good about it. And I wonder now, WHY did I even bother finding out when life would have been SOOOO much better if I didn't.

Okay, hold that thought. Now, this concept does not apply to people who cheat and/or lie. If someone is cheating or lying to you, you'd better do ALL you can to find out EVERYTHING so you can make an informed decision of DUMPING him/her. By dump, I refer to all KINDS of relationship: personal, intimate, friendship, business, whatever.

Back to the topic.

Yes, there are just some days I slap my forehead and whack my tushie to chide myself for being such a busybody. And I ask the perennial question,"WHHHHHYYYYYYY????", followed by an exasperated "argh!!!".

You'd think with age and experience, you'd be a little wiser.

But nooooooo............

Puh!

1 comment:

Ban Lesage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.