Monday, July 19, 2010

往事只能回味

From when I was a little kid, my mum would make us sing. I think she always liked music, but cause she has...how shall I describe this...a tone-issue, so she doesn't sing when there are others around.

She used to make us sing ALL kinds of songs, especially those she can't sing. Like Mandarin oldies, and Japanese songs. She can't read Chinese characters. So she'd tell us which songs she like and want us to learn. Then she would write down the hanyu pinyin of the Japanese words (cos at one point, she could read Jap) and make us learn the songs. After that, she'll make us sing the songs over, and over, and over again!

往事只能回味 was one of the songs she made me learn. And learn I did. I learnt the song so well that I knew every 转音, pitch and tone. My mum also knew exactly how to make me sing it over and over again; she'd say things like "Wah! You sound exactly like the singer!" and it'll boost my ego that I didn't mind singing it so many times over.

Recently heard the song on TV, and felt so tempted to sing it. No chance to, so I can only blog about it. One of these days, I should record myself singing all the old songs I used to sing. LOL.

No comments: