Wednesday, June 02, 2010

My Money-Saving Ways

It's amazing how little things you do can save you some moolah, especially when you need to do it oh-so-desperately.

1. I converted an old (well, not THAT old) notebook into an academic diary of sorts. You know, the kind that starts from somewhere in July/August, and goes until the next July? Yeah, I did that. My own DIY. I'm gonna find some old craftware to juice it up a bit. Amount saved: probably around $20-$30.

2. I borrowed books to read, instead of buying them. Current read is the LKY Memoirs. Amount saved: according to Amazon, about $200.

3. Reuse paper or use sister's stash of paper for printing. Amount saved: $4.50

4. Have lunch at home at least twice a week. Amount saved: $6-$16 (it depends on what I eat).

5. Lose the cab-rides. Amount saved: at least $200

Well, there are probably more of these little tips, such as going on a shoe/clothes/entertainment diet, but it's too much work to think harder.

And on an even better note, I'm gonna get $200 GST credits! Into the savings, they go!!!

No comments: