Thursday, September 02, 2010

Dental, checked. Fish Head Curry, checked.

Yesterday was a busy, busy day. Much like the day before. And the day before.

I had a dental appointment. My first with a new dentist. My first dental visit in...like...3 years. I know, I'm not proud about it.

So I had this super teeth scaling and polishing that made my gums bleed. By bleed, I mean serious bleeding. It's as if my gums were having their period. Argh. It was a little uncomfortable at some bits, cos as much as I think I have been taking good care of my teeth, I haven't been taking good ENOUGH care of them.

And so, the dentist said it could be that I am prone to gum disease, and promptly gave me 2 special mouthwash to complement my dental care. And I promptly headed to Watsons after that to get me some new floss as well. No more half-hearted flossing. There is gonna be some SERIOUS flossing. I am determined to keep my sparklies sparkling for 1 year, till I can come back for my next dental.

My teeth felt so clean and bright, that I actually felt guilty drinking or eating anything besides plain water.

The irony was that I was meeting the past & present Hilltop girls for Fish Head Curry at Banana Leaf Apolo for dinner.

Argh!

Dinner, however, was FANTASTIC. While waiting for the 2 current Hilltop girls, Karen and I ordered a fish cutlet (minced fish, potato, spices) and some deep-fried onions-in-spices-thingy. When the girls finally arrived, we went straight for the jugular, and ordered a fish head curry, a masala prawn and a masala chicken. We all had biryani rice, which was yummy, and heaps of papadum. YUMMEH!

Dinner, of course, is not complete without lime juice and lots of updating, gossiping and chit-chating. It was a blast and I had fun picking on the leftovers while listening to the conversation(s). It was awesome.

No pictures because when the non-camera folks (past and present) come together, we generally forget to take photos, even when we already HAVE camera phones. Or maybe it was because we were all too hungry to bother. lol.

I'm so glad we met up. I'm so glad to know them, to have them as firm friends. They are part of a small group of people I know whom I feel I have some kind of affinity with. Some things just click with them. And it doesn't happen very often. So I'm glad.

2 comments:

Tampa Girl! said...

Wow sounds like a lovely evening.

Rachael said...

Ooh La La :)