Sunday, October 15, 2006

Discoveries...

I've discovered some things.

I discovered that trust must be earned. It can also become misguided, or misplaced. Once this trust has been taken for granted and you betray the trust given to you, you cannot expect to gain back the same amount of trust anymore. Not until you prove yourself worthy of that trust again, and it would take a LOT more than it once required.

I discovered that some words go away after a while, even when you stare hard into them for hours on end, and some words stay forever with simply one glance. It really depends on how hard these words hit you in your gut. It would just keep replaying in your mind, and you just don't know when the words will dissipate so you have some peace.

I discovered that I should always trust myself and believe what I feel. Instincts should never be side-stepped for anything else, because if you cannot trust yourself, who else can you trust?

I discovered that you never know the true face of a person. One could say one thing and mean another, lie and pretend to be someone else that they are not.

I discovered that I have many people who love me and care for me, and would listen and be there for me, without having to be physically around. They will always be on my side, cheering me on, and boo-ing those who hurt me. (Author's note: Thank you!)

Discoveries aside, I have experienced what I wished for years ago. Let me just say, that was the dumbest, most stupid wish I have ever made.

Nevertheless, I wouldn't trade anything for this. It has opened my eyes to a world of discoveries and what could be. It has also given me more than what has been taken from me.

A word of advice, or warning...(it really depends on what your inclinations are)

Words can be a powerful tool. As a communications grad, I think I am qualified to say this. Besides, I think it's common knowledge. Words can bring you to high heavens, and it can also condemn you to the deepest abyss.

Especially when the media is involved.

Though they say that there is no such thing as good and bad publicity, you can be sure that words can do as much harm, as it can do as much good. Never underestimate the power of the pen, because that would be naive, gullible...and just plain dumb.

Remember: Words can MAKE you, and it can also BREAK you.

Enough negativities for the night.

I realised I have been caught up in my own world that I haven't said anything good to anyone. Since it's SUPERSTAR season, I guess I might as well make my blog relevant and useful. So whether the following people read my blog or not, here goes nothing...

Shiyu & Diya

YAY!!! Really happy that you two made it! You guys (ok...and gal) are soooo talented, I don't expect anything less. haha...pressure!!! No lah, seriously, I'm really glad for you both. I feel so proud to have once shared the stage with you two. Superstar leh!!! Do your best and do us proud! Let the world (or Singapore) see what you're made of!! JIA YOU!!!

Mao Mao Maxi

Haha...from day 1, you kept telling me to take your number and go audition on your behalf. I'm glad you perservered to the very end, and I'm also soooo happy that you made it too. I promised that I would tell your story in my blog. I'll do it soon, before the TV broadcasts start, so that the world (or Singapore) will know your story, and VOTE for you! Don't worry, I'll vote for you too. HAHAHAHAHAHA...if only they knew...hiak hiak hiak...

Darren, Dawn, Veron and Kewei

Congrats!!! Swoon the public over with (in respective order)...your smile and charming voice, your charisma and uniquely distinguishable voice, your energy and personality, and your sincere and groovy voice. Jia you orh!

Oh yes, the MC Super Idol has finally started! Good luck to all those auditioning!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

REAL words from me :) love you dear! smile smile smile

missmisto said...

babe, people being people will always be different to different people at different times and circumstances. am i making sense? but hey babe, ur people skills are fantastic. dealing with all the issues with media and yadayada will just make u a pro (u already are actually) .jst do wad u enjoy n be happpy :) missss u