Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Karma~karma~karma~karma~ karma~karmelia~~

I think it's a human thing for people to take things for granted. That's how the world works, because that is as human as you can get.

I don't deny...sometimes I do take things for granted without me knowing. I'm sure everyone does too. But I try not to think that everyone owes me or better still, try to give without asking for returns. I think life is much simpler and better when it's like that.

Then, there's also something called karma, which I kinda believe in. For the uniniated, it means that whatever you do or say will come back to you. It's pretty cosmic. Like if I said you're fat, I'll probably be fat in the future (Errr...not the best of analogies here).

In any case, I'm being slightly philosophical because I've been seeing and hearing people take things or granted...like it's MEANT to be like that or it's SUPPOSED to be this way and that way. I don't really buy that. This may sound pretty passive but that's just that. Yes, yes, we do have to strive hard and be determined to get what we want...you know, go ALL OUT to achieve things. But I've been thinking...what we get back...is it "returns of investment" or have things been given to us.

I do feel that we have been given things easily. In fact, too easily, that we don't think about where it came from or how it's been given to us. The sacrifices behind them, the stories, other people's hardship, determination and humility, etc. Quite simply, we just take it for granted. I know I've done that sometimes...

And the other thing we humans like to do? Compare.

It's all a vicious cycle. We compare ourselves to others in similar situations like us, usually in similar BUT better situations than us. And we wonder why is it that other people can have what they have, and we don't. Nobody really compares downwards. What others see as chances and opportunities, we see it as it's SUPPOSED to be like that. Why? Maybe coz we think we're better than them or we have a slight edge over them. But having something more doesn't mean anything if you don't work hard enough or have the humility to do better. It doesn't make us feel any happier too...coz you waste half your time thinking why you were not given things JUST LIKE OTHER PEOPLE.

But everybody is different. Every situation is different. I truly believe if we are appreciative of what we are given (without any 'BUT's), we'll live much more fruitful lives and be happier. Why make life so miserable?
I admit that sometimes, I get caught up in all the bulls*** that happens around me. But I try. I really try to just be thankful for everything I have, no matter how little or how big. I'm not religious...so I guess I just thank the people who have given me what I have today...and the cosmic forces too.

haha...

No comments: