Friday, May 21, 2010

A little perspective

As i get involved with all these youngsters in school, I sometimes wonder what they would be like when they step out of their little comfort zone into the big, (sometimes) bad world.

I can't imagine myself being at 16, 17, 18 and going through all these politics. I keep telling them, if they think it's hard now, wait till they start working. And also, you don't want to start all these nonsense now; you have the next 40 years of your life to do that.

And then I wonder why people go through all that at all? Can't we just live and let live?

I get mad at people, pissed off and irritated, but I try to not let that affect the way I treat that person or even my day. Time is too precious to hang onto it. I'd rather think of happier things I could be doing.

It really doesn't mean that I have to be zen all the time. I just don't want to worry about too many things, especially when they are out of my control.

But kids will be kids. They think they're old enough to handle all these nonsense. I don't think they are, but I'll let it be.

Let it be, let it be...there will be an answer, let it be.

2 comments:

rachael said...

I love perspectives!

Lala Nana said...

sure u do. haha.