Thursday, February 25, 2010

Casualty No. 37583021

Yeah yeah...I got hit by the CNY bug. Flu, sore throat bug, that is.

Spent Mon feeling worse for wear, but sneaked out all the same to meet Shir. It was a good meetup, although I can't say for myself if that was good for my sick self. After I went home, I developed a fever. Gre...at.

Tues was a groggy mess. The fever went off overnight, thanks to some serious self-medication and groaning and moaning in bed. Oh, and a big box of tissue one one side, and a plastic bag on the other side (just in case I puked). Couldn't eat much on Tues, which was perfect since I had no lunch prepared for me. Eventually, I mustered enough strength to cook meself some porridge for lunch. Just plain porridge with pickled veggies. Couldn't stomach anything else. More self-medication ensued.

Wed was much better. Still a little groggy. I think over the 3 days, I slept more than I was awake. At least I've got my appetite back and I could eat and crave for food. Like at night, I craved for chips, and cookies, which is probably NOT good. I settled for an apple instead. Crunch. Finally, something that required use of my teeth. After 2 days of porridge, that was some comfort for me.

Today, I'm up and stronger. Still with a hint of flu and cough but it's nothing really. And I'm gonna have dinner with the Jan Wedding Bunch. heh heh.

I know. I'm such a trouper!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello love!
i am so glad that u are better and i cant wait to have a nice warm soupylicious dinner on friday with u. xoxox