Friday, November 24, 2006

Expect the unexpected Pt 2: Life is a balance of good and bad stuff.

I didn't intend to do a part 2, and never did.

But that's just exactly how it's meant to be...expect the unexpected mah.

Anyway, I was at the results show for the first quarterfinals of PSS, guys and girls. I must say, I was quite shocked by the turn of events for most part of it. But i feel that everything happens for a reason, so no matter how shocking or unexpected things are, we should take it in positively. There is no point feeling angry or sad and thinking up all sorts of conspiracy theories that someone out there is trying to get you. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise. I think such things are, but just a step in your journey of life.

I guess that's why I didn't take it as hard as most people do. I don't think that's being heartless or cold-blooded or feeling no emotions. I feel disappointment and sadness and shock too. It's just that I choose to see matters in a more positive light. I hope I'm being positive instead of skeptical anyway.

So, it's things like these that makes you really drive home the point to not expect too much. Don't expect people to do things for you out of their own willingness and heart, but if they do, appreciate it. Don't expect things you see happen to others to also happen to you, just because people have it and you don't. Maybe it just makes you a better person that you don't have it as good as others. Don't expect to be treated nicely or treated like you want to, even if you see your friends or people around you being treated in a certain way. It may make you take things for granted. Don't expect the same of others. People are just not the same, and one relationship is different from the next. Nothing is written as a rule that all relationships should follow.

I guess I still have a long way to go, since I still tend to expect a lot from others and myself. Being human is just difficult. You need to manage your life, your emotions, your expectations, your happiness, your sadness, your satisfactions and your disappointments.

Anyway, was just singing this song the other day and I thought I'll put it in.

隐形人

无论你肯或不肯我都选择等
等到你结束好久探险的旅程
要是没有寂寞陪衬
没有途中的灰尘
你怎会向往家门

你越是想要诚恳其实越残忍
伪装不了你对我漠视的眼神
你不许我听信永恒
不许我迷信我们
不许我奋不顾身

多想化成隐形的人掩饰我伤痕
给你我的体温好帮你驱走寒冷
看不见也能感受心疼
我想化成隐形的人隐藏我的泪在翻滚
我在你凌乱世界留下的指纹
对你是没心跳的一个吻

朋友都于心不忍责备我愚蠢
但他们都回避我执着的眼神
可知我对爱的虔诚
可知我迷信我们
可知我难得放任

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(silly blogger logged me out and deleted my entire comment) argh

(repeating myself... haha)
the post exactly explains why i give up on going for any dance competitions since uni days. hehe... hm... speaking of which, singapore is having the So U Think U Can Dance thingy now... hmmm, i wonder hows its like?

While i personally dun think we should expect everything to go our way, i belive in fighting for it. At the end of the day, i know I will get my rewards whether in full or partial. The best part is that I am a fighter!

ROARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

let us all be fighters in life

missmisto said...

hi dearie

u are right about expectations. they are scary things sometimes, and they hurt too. but anyway my dear, u're a tough cookie :-)