Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Million Love Songs Later

Yeap, still keeping with my trend titling with song titles or lyrics.

This song has been stuck in my head for 2 days. I haven't actually sung it out loud (why haven't I?), but it's been there alright. Not sure what triggered it. Perhaps something I read on FB.

So, this morning - no wait, it's afternoon cos by the time I woke up it was already noon.

So, from the moment I woke up to now, which has been all of 1.5hrs, I have had a few realisations:

1. 1990, was 21 years ago. More than 2 decades! Oh man, oh man, oh man.

2. There is too much negativity online. Not just the things people say, but the way they say it. There is so much cynicism, bragging, sarcasm, envy...and the list COULD go on. I've been asking myself if I really want to read stuff like that. Do I? No, I don't. So what can I do about it? I could be selective in what I read/comment/like. I could try to post stuff that do not emit a negative vibe. Or, maybe, I could get off social networking sites altogether. The last one is, for now, just a thought. I could do the first two though, and I WILL!

3. I am perfectly contented. Not envious of anyone, of their lifestyle, of their career, or what they've got. I know, so surely, that I am EXACTLY where I am supposed to be in life. It doesn't mean it's all bubbles and strawberries all the time, everyday, but once again, I can't deny that I am truly, unabashingly, undoubtedly and knowingly HAPPY about my life, and where I am in life. And I wished everyone, especially the people that I love, would get that same perfect contentment in life and get to know how this feels. Because baby, it feels good! It feels victorious.

Right, so it's a rainy day in London-town. Great day to stay in. I'm gonna make me some lunch and let the words come right through my fingers (thesis!) until I am all hungry again.

Missing all my peeps! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Its a awesome post. I would share this post with my friends and i hop they are also like it. I like music most of time that's why i like it. Now a days i am free so i would also share my personal.I am share you would like my post.
zeek rewards closed