Thursday, November 19, 2009

blogging noob

i still remember my first foray into the blogosphere.

actually, i can't remember much of it except that my first blog was hosted on OpenDiary. i do remember spending hours a day experimenting with html and learning it all online. now of course, it is so much easier to "personalise" your blogs. just a click here and a click there. and if you wanted something more special, you just search for skins and download the html script or something.

my next-cubicle neighbour recently (today) decided to start a blog of her own. her first blog. she isn't new to the blogging scene since she reads tons of fashion blogs and blogshops, but she had not been tempted to the dark side. till today at least. today, she decided to take the first step to world domination...erm...to start a blog.

so after sussing out which platform suits her best, she went ahead and registered her blog. the next few moments, however, were typical of a noob (or maybe it's just her).

she: *whines* how to choose a background? there is supposed to be some to choose from but i cannot choooooose!!!

me: huh? just choose and click on it lah...*walks over*

she: cannot! see...there's supposed to be like 75 to choose from but how to choose? i cannot click on it.

me: (already by her desk) err...*looks at the screen* scroll down...down...

she: see...cannot click!!

me: (still looking) did u log-in?

she: yah...i logged in just now ma.

me: *looks closer* click there...*points to homepage icon of platform; she clicks and it reaches the homepage; i look again*

me: YOU DID NOT LOG-IN LAAAA!!!!

she: (laughs sheepishly) oh yah hor...haha...okok...

me: *pulls hair out* argh...

she: okok, don't stand here la!! and don't write about me on your blog.

me: sure...



ya right.

No comments: